I think you ll see it over time expanding into the question of bisexuality and transgendered folks r
After all, bisexual literally implies two kinds of people, which I know is why some people don't use it anymore; at some point they felt like they were dating more than just two kinds of people. Try looking guys up on pof. Chance says:.
- Bainham, Sexuality Repositioned: Diversity and the Law p. I - Black Sexualities, Masculinities and Incarceration.
- Then most of the gay population you have your divas and your queens, the ones that tend to make up and make themselves look like women and then you have the guys that are just gay boys and all that kind of stuff. Stevens, A.
- We additionally reflect on the role of gender in the implementation of research on prisons, bringing to light possibilities and constraints on the production of knowledge and methodologies for prison scholarship.
- The interviewers recorded field notes and the research team reflected in weekly research meetings with the Principal Investigator on the often-stressful experience of hearing about traumatic histories, and of interviewing men, some of whom shared stories of experiencing and enacting extreme violence during their time while incarcerated and beyond.
- After release from prison, formerly incarcerated people often spend years on parole or probation—under which they are subject to a state monitoring and surveillance and additional restrictions on their behavior and association. The sense of who one is becomes navigated through sexual relationships as well as deeply embedded in the institutional structure that surrounds men throughout their time inside.
We suggest carceral intimacies as an integrative framework that captures how power is negotiated by prisoners through intimate relationships in prison settings. The total institution creates deference and powerlessness in accordance with stringent systems of time, space, and the body.
GLEAM originated as a private mailing list during the s. American Journal of Public Health , 8 , e27—e